On behalf of DuPage County Forest Preserve District:
- Does your organization currently have, or are you considering, an apprenticeship program?
- How much training do you require a candidate to have completed prior to considering them as eligible for an apprenticeship in your shop?
- What is the schedule for your apprentice (hours per day or hours per week, number of days per week, shift, etc.)?
- Is the position paid or unpaid?
- If paid, what is the current rate?
- Do you consider both candidates that are in school or recent graduates only?
- Do you work with the school to sign off on service hours credits as part of their curriculum? If yes, briefly describe the process.
- Briefly describe the communication process or reporting process between your organization and the school.
- Who evaluates the apprentice's work and progress? Mentor technician, Fleet manager, or both?